Website Privacy Notice
What information is being collected?
- We do not subscribe to Weebly analytics to find out information about those who have viewed our website. We can only view number of views, number of unique views etc. We cannot see I.P. addresses.
- The only information we collect is the messages we receive through the 'find/contact us' page. This will include your email address and any other information you give in your email.
Who is collecting it?
- The data controller is the Catholic Diocese of Lancaster.
How is it collected?
- By using the contact form, we receive your message and email address.
Why is it being collected?
- So we can reply to your message.
How will it be used?
- The information will only be used to deal with your query/message. You will not be added to any general contact lists or membership lists. Your personal information will not be shared outside of the parish without your permission.
- We will delete your message from our email archive if you so request.
Who will it be shared with?
- Your message and any personal information you give us in the message will be primarily used by the Parish Priest, but may be directed to the appropriate person in the parish who can deal with your message and respond on behalf of the parish (e.g. Parish Hall bookings). Please note that this individual may have a personal email account which is not in our control.
- We do not share your personal data with outside agencies or other people without your permission.
Anything else I should know?
- Yes, if you attend St Mary's church, please note that we have CCTV for the security and safety of parishioners, visitors, staff and property. Images are recorded onto a hard drive which is constantly being over-written every month or so. At Our Lady's church in Dalton, a security camera operated by a neighbouring funeral firm overlooks part of our premises.
Concerns, Complaints or Queries about Privacy?
Please contact the Parish Priest by phone, email or letter.